Under the direction and leadership of the Manager, Global Real Estate Transactions & Development, we are seeking a Property Tax Analyst to join our Global Real Estate department in Calgary, AB. The Property Tax Analyst is responsible for providing support to the ATCO Global Real Estate team and internal ATCO business units for all property tax administration duties.
• Creation and ongoing maintenance of a global property tax database • Updating/document tracking and review of the ATCO global property database system.
• Preparing monthly / quarterly property tax reports. Investigate property assessment records to validate accuracy of property tax data.
• Tracking property tax payments and internal tenant customer service. Reconcile specific general ledger accounts.
• Administering and overseeing all property tax aspects of a global portfolio of leased and owned properties including review of tax bills for correctness, analyzing the impact of assessment reductions on tax bills, following up on refunds due to successful appeals or municipal act applications and ensuring correctness of same.
• Working with internal business units and taxing authorities to acquire copies of property tax statements and input related data into ATCO global property tax system with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Maintaining and updating internal tracking reports and property tax summary reports.
• Recording and monitoring decisions of the Assessment Review Boards.
• Liaising with internal ATCO departments, assessment valuation consultants, third party landlords, tenants and lawyers in investigating property. assessment records and reconciling specific general ledger accounts for property tax payments.
• Collect municipal tax information as required, such as capping parameters and tax rates.
• 3-5 years of directly related experience in the real estate industry
• College diploma or certificate program in real estate property assessment or appraisal preferred • Membership in provincial assessment association, such as Alberta Assessors Association, preferred
• Significant understanding of property tax processes as it relates to commercial real estate
• Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of real estate principles and concepts
• Proven ability to interpret property tax assessments notices and property tax bills and navigate through the nuisances of each document with ease.
• Advanced professional interpersonal skills, interacting effectively with all position levels internally and externally.
• High level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Basic understanding of Real Estate valuation for assessment purposes
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume on atco.com/careers quoting competition number REQ03922 on or before October 20th, 2017.