ArGil Property Tax Services, one of Ontario’s fastest growing property tax firms, has an immediate opening for an Intermediate or Senior Consultant with at least 3-5 years’ experience. The ideal candidate will have been exposed to all property types - commercial, industrial, multiresidential, and vacant land. The Consultant will primarily be engaged in assessment appeals but will also be involved in other related property tax consulting services for clients.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide a full range of property assessment and tax consulting services to current clients with little or limited review
- Perform research, analyze data and make conclusions about the appropriate Current Value Assessments for all types of properties
- Assist in the drafting of Statement of Issues
- Research and prepare Expert Reports in connection with assessment appeals
- Maintain ongoing client communication and resolve matters expeditiously
- Conduct property inspections with clients, MPAC, and municipalities
- Prepare briefs and other documents in connection with Assessment Review Board appeals
- Attend Assessment Review Board hearings and conference call events
- Communicate and prepare reports for clients in connection with assessment appeals and other related matters
The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, as they will be responsible for communicating with MPAC Assessors, municipalities, and most importantly, clients. The Consultant should have strong research and analytical skills in connection with real estate valuation of ICI properties, as well as a good understanding of the Ontario Assessment Act, City of Toronto Act, and Ontario Municipal Act, as they relate to property tax assessment matters. A paralegal license and/or an AACI, AIMA or MIMA designation, or working towards any of the designations would be an asset. A valid driver’s license and use of a car is necessary for the position.
- Top compensation package, with semi-annual salary reviews and performance-based bonuses.
- Full health benefits package.
- Free parking
- Paid vacation
- Tremendous growth opportunities
ArGil is a boutique property tax firm located in North York, is a successful, growing professional company, which provides property tax assessment consulting services to both private and public companies. The company has an excellent reputation and working relationship with municipalities, MPAC and clients.
If you believe that you would be a good fit for the position, please email your resume and cover
letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants that are chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.