Do you want to be part of a team helping to strengthen every community across Ontario? Are you interested in seeing the importance of your work firsthand? Do you enjoy a varied workweek with time spent both in the office and out in the community?
Become a Senior Appraisal & Market Specialist with MPAC
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day. Learn more >
Here’s what you will do as part of the team:
- Provide strategic valuation and assessment expertise on Business (commercial retail and office, multi-family residential, hospitality, industrial cost) and Agricultural properties.
- Develop valuation and assessment policies that adhere to industry standards.
- Develop comprehensive valuation Methodology Guides, Market Valuation Reports and narrative reports aligned with professional appraisal practice and valuation standards.
- Conduct complex market research and graphical analytics, for an assigned market sector in order to establish the corresponding valuation parameters.
- Determine local market influences, and support the valuation of real property by applying your expert knowledge in mass appraisal techniques.
- Establish data policies and standards for governing the data of Business and Agriculture properties.
- Provide subject matter expertise on mass appraisal processes, statistical interpretations, valuation parameters; representing MPAC at the Assessment Review Board hearings.
- Develop and deliver technical training on complex valuation and assessment standards.
Here’s what you will need to succeed:
- A minimum 7 years progressively responsible experience in appraisal/ property valuation.
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in Real Estate, Business Administration, Geography, Economics, or related field.
- One of the following professional designations: Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) Member of the IMA (MIMA), Certified Assessment Evaluator (CAE), Member of RICS (MRICS) or Fellow of RICS (FRICS).
- Highly developed knowledge and understanding of the key market forces driving the valuation of Agricultural or Business properties.
- Superior communication skills, coupled with strong research and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate teams.
- A valid G2 or G Ontario driver’s licence.
Nice to have:
- Advanced knowledge of MPAC valuation and assessment standards, policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of valuation and assessment legislation such as the Assessment Act and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation and benefit
- Opportunity for growth within your office and across Ontario
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Strong focus on learning, professional accreditation and mentorship
- Three week’s vacation to start
- Leading-edge technology
- Parental leave top-up
Posting number: MPAC-083-19
Number of positions: 11
Location: To be determined upon the close of the competition.
Hours of work: 36.25
Employment type: Full-time
Position level and salary: PA6 $81,780.10 - $96,370.61
Application deadline: May 16, 2019
Area of search: Open
Ready to apply?
Click on the link followed by the “Apply Online” icon once within the job posting. Create your candidate profile and upload your resume and cover letter by May 16, 2019.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.