Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst, US/ Canada Property Tax will report to the Manager, Property Tax and be a key member of the Property Tax Team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Tax team and internal staff. This newly created position will involve the coordination, execution, and maintenance of US and Canada Property Tax information. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Process, track and maintain Property Tax payments as well as the required accounting entries for accruals;
• Generate cost summaries for assessment reporting to municipalities, negotiate settlements with same as required;
• Perform on-site inspections with local and state assessors including evaluations and assessments of complex industrial facilities as required;
• Assist the Manager, Property Tax in reviewing municipal tax adjustments to ensure they are accurately calculated, coded and processed;
• Prepare assessment and taxation data, reports and all other relevant documentation;
• Assist the Manager, Property Tax in responding to audit queries in a timely fashion; and
• Participate in the year end operating cost adjustments.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the US and Canada Property Taxation and Assessment fields;
• Experience with US / Canada O&G assessment is required;
• An Assessment designation is preferred or candidates working towards their designation;
• An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance or a Business Administration Diploma with accounting background would also be taken into consideration;
• Working knowledge of US assessment legislation and FERC with the ability to apply it to the assessment process in multiple states (N. Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Oregon and others as required);
• Experience with SAP and advanced user of Excel along with strong skills with Word, other Microsoft applications and GIS is preferred;
• Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and be willing to travel;
• Effective communication, organization and team building skills complemented by strong work ethic is essential for success in this hands-on role;
• Ability to effectively prioritize, multi task and maintain a professional positive attitude while providing business units with adhoc requests for detailed assessment information;
• Proven ability to accurately collect, assemble, enter and review data;
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment;
• Detail oriented and very strong analytical skills;
• Quick learner and self-motivator able to work under tight deadlines and cooperatively
with the team to generate superior results; and
• Energetic, positive and motivated individual.
This Position will be open until 11:59PM MST January 10, 2020.
To apply, please click HERE
To download the full job posing, click here.