More Information / Apply Online
The Property Tax Consultant – Portfolio Manager provides a variety of property valuation and consulting services for all types of projects to new and existing clients. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the assessment and taxation of the client’s property portfolio is fair and equitable, taking action on appeals where appropriate, and working with the Property Tax Assistant and Senior Property Tax Manager to fulfill the real estate group’s obligations under the contract.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Portfolio-wide property tax management
- Review all valuations, tax amounts and tax rate information for the entire portfolio.
- Provide an analysis of the assessment and reports to establish the reasons for the appeal.
- Prepare documents for appeal, file appeal file, participate in board hearings.
- Prepare and file municipal applications for tax relief.
- Produce market value reports, progress reports and financial assistance.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- College or university degree in business, real estate or equivalent, member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada with the AACI designation or member of the Ordre des évaluateurs agréés du Québec with the E.A. designation
- Bilingual (French and English).
- At least 10 years of experience in assessment and property tax, experience in court (TAQ), collaboration with legal counsel.
- Valid driver’s license, as some travel is required.
- Solid understanding of property tax legislation in Quebec.
- Strong evaluation skills and proven application of all evaluation methods.
- Understanding of the assessment and taxation systems of different Canadian municipalities.
- Motivation and autonomy, but also team spirit with an understanding of the responsibilities requirements of the real estate group within the framework of the contract.
- Ability to provide a full range of property valuation and consulting services, conducting in-depth reviews of market data, sales data and valuation data to ensure that appraised values are fair and equitable across the client’s portfolio.
- Ability to assist other business units in preparing evaluation reports for lease qualification tests, tenant allocation fees and other transaction-related matters.
Professional licenses or certifications
- AACI or E.A. in good standing.